To The Ends Of The Earth Whoopee!!!

To The Ends Of The Earth Whoopee!!!

You probably be all like “Take it easy Jafar” or something.  Hahahaha I dunno.  Greetings from Ushuaia: the southern most city in Argentina.  They say it’s the southernmost city in the world but Puerto Williams, Chile, would beg to differ.  Whatever, I’m bored and have like 4 hours before I board my boat to the frozen wastes of Antarctica and am trying to avoid the typical pre-travel activity of imbibing fermented malts.  I suspect I shall fail in this quest because quite frankly there isn’t alot to do here with less than at least a solid half day.  No worries though. It turns out that the only place to get wifi not laughably slow is in the watering holes.

Normally I don’t care that much about wifi but I did want to upoload some photos from the last couple of days and after sitting in a coffee shop for 25 minutes and still waiting for one single pic to upload I moved on.  So I lift an Irish coffee to you readers and offer the following collection of images from Ushuaia.  The picture of Ronaldhino was hanging at this restaurant that serves the BEST empanadas.  BTW did anybody figure out which picture was not Real in the last post?

The song for today doesn’t really have anything to do with anything except that I heard it the other day and it was always one of my favorites.  I doubt there will be internet on the boat so I’ll likely be unreachable, except by perhaps short wave radio or a message in a bottle, til the 28th.  That reminds me I need to make one of those automated response thingys for my email on the off chance one of the jobs I applied for turns into somthing.  Be well all!

7 Comments

• Penny Keaney

March 14, 2018 at 3:41 pm Reply

Continue to enjoy. Anxious to hear about Antartica!🚢

• Anonymous

March 14, 2018 at 3:42 pm Reply

Enjoy your trip, Love the pictures. Look forward to hearing about the trip and seeing pics
    Happy sailing and happy pi day!
    Love,
    Mom

• Nick

March 14, 2018 at 4:40 pm Reply

Excited to hear about Antarctic, I thought this particular song would be more appropriate though.

• areluctantrambler

March 14, 2018 at 4:42 pm Reply

pshah…you would. hahahaha

• Anonymous

March 16, 2018 at 6:33 am Reply

As you set out for Ithaka
    hope the voyage is a long one,
    full of adventure, full of discovery.
    Laistrygonians and Cyclops,
    angry Poseidon—don’t be afraid of them:
    you’ll never find things like that on your way
    as long as you keep your thoughts raised high,
    as long as a rare excitement
    stirs your spirit and your body.
    Laistrygonians and Cyclops,
    wild Poseidon—you won’t encounter them
    unless you bring them along inside your soul,
    unless your soul sets them up in front of you.

Hope the voyage is a long one.
    May there be many a summer morning when,
    with what pleasure, what joy,
    you come into harbors seen for the first time;
    may you stop at Phoenician trading stations
    to buy fine things,
    mother of pearl and coral, amber and ebony,
    sensual perfume of every kind—
    as many sensual perfumes as you can;
    and may you visit many Egyptian cities
    to gather stores of knowledge from their scholars.

Keep Ithaka always in your mind.
    Arriving there is what you are destined for.
    But do not hurry the journey at all.
    Better if it lasts for years,
    so you are old by the time you reach the island,
    wealthy with all you have gained on the way,
    not expecting Ithaka to make you rich.

Ithaka gave you the marvelous journey.
    Without her you would not have set out.
    She has nothing left to give you now.

And if you find her poor, Ithaka won’t have fooled you.
    Wise as you will have become, so full of experience,
    you will have understood by then what these Ithakas mean.

Cavafy

• Lisa

April 12, 2018 at 6:12 am Reply

BTW did anybody figure out which picture was not Real in the last post? -The answer is yes. Also I like your glasses Brett!

• areluctantrambler

April 12, 2018 at 7:33 am Reply

Yay!!!! I’m glad somebody found it. It was a delightful little find on a day of god aweful weather.